E.R.S. announced a major upgrade on Thursday, version 1.1, to its podcast production suite software, ?bercaster. The new version can record from iChat and Skype and has dramatically lower latency for input devices.
Other significant improvements include:
- New "select and cut" function in "Track Edit" subview on cut layer.
- New option "Reset Playhead on Stop" in the "Mark" menu.
- Capability to choose a single channel from a multichannel input device.
- A progress bar was added to the dock icon, showing the release progress.
- Capability to zoom tracks vertically on cut layer.
A complete list of changes is available at the ?bercaster Website.
?bercaster was designed to be a complete tool for the production of podcasts. Features include live audio recording, auto ducking, effects, chapters for enhanced podcasts, ID3 tags, album cover art and mp3/AAC/AIFF encoding. Templates are provided so the user doesnit have to start from scratch. It was written in Cocoa/Objective-C.
?bercaster 1.1 requires Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later. The update is free to registered users. It is priced at US$79.95.