BusyMac Announced Monday that BusyCal has been released as a public beta. BusyCal is a standalone calendaring app for the Mac that offers calendar sharing and syncing, and can also sync up with Google Calendars. Data can be synced to your iPhone, to MobileMe, or to iTunes.
The product offers the following features:
- Sync calendars via Bonjour - Sync calendars with others on your local area network, without the need for a dedicated server.
- Sync with Google Calendar - Sync with Google Calendar for online access to your calendar from any computer, anywhere.
- Sync with the iPhone - Sync calendars with the iPhone via iTunes or MobileMe.
- Multi-user editing - Multiple users can share and edit calendars with full read-write access. Changes are synced instantly.
- Security - Calendars can be password protected as read-write or read-only, and encrypted with SSL.
- Offline Editing - Changes made to a calendar while offline are automatically synchronized when you reconnect to the network.
- Recurring ToDos - Create repeating ToDos that display in the calendar view and carry-forward until completed.
- Info Panel - Enter and view event details in a non-modal floating window or an embedded info pane.
- List View - Customizable list view lets you filter and sort events by date, event type, calendar, and more.
- Live Weather - View live weather forecasts, sunrise/sunset times, and moon phases right in your calendar.
- Graphics - Add graphics to events or days with control over the position, size and opacity.
- Sticky Notes - Add virtual sticky notes to your calendar, and share/sync them with others on your network!
- Rich Text - Stylize the events in your calendar with customizable fonts, sizes, styles and colors.
BusyCal is currently in public beta, and can be downloaded for free. When it is released as a commercial product it will be priced at US$40 per computer.