Washington-based Calf Trail Software announced the release of Geotagalog 1.2 on Wednesday, the company's geotagging utility for Mac OS X. The new version enables precise iPhoto Places support with any digital camera and adds direct support for popular GPS loggers that record in the NMEA 0183 log format, including the AMOD AGL3080 and the new Sony GPS-CS3 along with direct support for Garmin's fitness devices via the Garmin Training Center file format.
Other features include the following:
- Opens a tracklog and displays it on a simple map.
- Losslessly geotags JPEG and RAW photos from a connected digital camera or a file folder.
- Shows live preview of photo locations while user adjusts geotagging parameters.
- Imports photos into iPhoto.
- Allows photos from any digital camera to appear in iPhoto '09 Places as if they came from a GPS-enabled camera.
- Minor improvements to existing GPX tracklog support
- Tracklogs can now be opened with Geotagalog directly from Finder
Geotagalog 1.2 requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run, and the company offers a demo version.
The new version is a free update to existing customers with the full version retailing for $19.95.