Creaceed announced Thursday the release of Prizmo on the App Store. This app offers iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 users a scanning and OCR solution that uses their device’s built-in camera.
Prizmo’s features include:
- Processing available for 4 document kinds: business cards, bills, regular text and whiteboards
- Voice Command for taking pictures (so you can avoid blurry pictures which can’t be used for OCR)
- Image Processing: rotate, crop, white picker, perspective correction…
- State-of-the-art Optical Character Recognition (OCR) in 10 languages (English, German, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian)
- Many output options: vCards, CSV files, original images, processed images, etc.
- Export to Dropbox and CloudApp
- Translation using Google Translate service
- Document Viewer for storing processed documents for later use
- VoiceOver support for people with impaired vision
- High-quality Text-to-Speech Technology for reading OCRed texts - 35 male and female voices available in 10 languages - A sample text can be played for previewing the voice before purchase
- Optimized for Retina display (iPhone 4)
The deveoeprs recommend iOS 4 or later, and it is priced at US$9.99.