Maxprog has released an update for eMail Verifier, bringing it to version 1.2. eMail Verifier is an automated email address verification app designed for mass email delivery. The update features several enhancements including rules mods and bug fixes. According to Maxprog:
Max Programming is proud to present a new release of Mail Verifier, the very first tool available on the Macintosh platform for batch e-mail validity checking. (Classic and Mac OS X)
If your database contains incorrect email addresses, this disadvantages you in two ways. First, you have to put up with annoying iundeliverablei messages. And second, you lose the ability to communicate by email with your contacts. Email Verifier checks the validity of your email addresses without actually sending emails. You can use the list of failed addresses to build a list for a iplease updatei campaign.
- Rules can now be applied to addresses to set validity without testing
- New pref. entry to select from using VRFY or just simulate deliveries
- New default values for User ID and sender e-mail
- Custom result can be set on MX Lookup failure
- New preference setting to force the use of Mail Exchanger with highest priority
- iBadi and iLooks badi addresses always saved together
- Problem with numeric domain names in specific conditions
- Sometimes MX servers are not sorted by preference properly
- iDonit savei button sometimes fails when saving results and multiple windows
You can find more information about the eMail Verifier update at the Maxprog Web site. eMail Verifier 1.2 is available for US$24.90.