Luxembourg-based Houdah Software announced Monday the release of HoudahGeo 2.2, the latest version of the company's geocoding software for the Mac. The update adds support for iPhoto '09's Places feature, as well as new interface enhancements and other changes.
Additional fixes and features include
- iPhoto'09 Places - HoudahGeo 2.2 may write to the iPhoto'09 Places database. You may now geocode photos managed by iPhoto'09.
- All-new map based geocoding - The map geocoding interface has been completely reworked for efficiency.
- Track library - HoudahGeo archives GPS track logs to a library for later re-use.
- Lightroom 2 folders access - HoudahGeo 2.2 now supports both Lightroom collections and folders.
- Offline bookmark geocoding - Bookmarks from the map geocoding interface are now available for geocoding from the inspector panel.
- Automatic altitude information - Reverse geocoding may now retrieve altitude information.
HoudahGeo 2.2 retails for $30 (the update is free to registered HoudahGeo 1.x and 2.x customers) and requires Mac OS X 10.4.8 to install and run.