crispSofties has released an update for iPod2iTunes, bringing it to version 1.8. iPod2iTunes is an MP3 utility designed for transferring tracks and playlists from iTunes to and iPod without the duplication of titles. The update features improved sychronization, bug fixes, and other enhancements. According to crispSofties
crispSofties has released iPod2iTunes 1.8 final.
iPod2iTunes is the only iPod utility which provides real synchronization of tracks and even playlists
from any iPod to any Mac.
Version 1.8 has the following changes compared to v1.7:
- Up to 8(!) times faster
- Synchronization of tracks with special properties
- Subsequent playlist synchronizations have not worked in iTunes 2.x
- Cleanup is now 18(!) times faster
- More robust in case of corrupted files on the iPod
- In some sutiations a timeout error happened
- iPod2iTunes picks up the original folder automatically in case the iTunes music folder is an alias
- iTunes version check showed in some cases iTunes not found
- OS version check failed on some machines. Hopefully fixed
- Other fixes and changes
- Documentation updated
You can find more information about the iPod2iTunes update at the crispSofties Web site. iPod2iTunes updates to1.8 are available for what ever price you choose, while the full version is available as "Pay-what-you-like-ware" starting from US$15.00-$30.00.