PARIS, FRANCE - At todayis Apple Expo in Paris, France, Apple Computer announced that the European iTunes Music Stores have sold five million songs in the first ten weeks of operation. The stores, currently open in Germany, France and Britain, are the first of Appleis online music presence outside of the U.S. The company expects to expand the iTMS network of stores to cover all of Europe in October of this year.The iTunes Music Store, which recently sold its 100 millionth song, has also helped iPod sales. Phil Shiller announced at todayis Apple Expo keynote that the iPod now holds a 58% market share in the United States as of June, with more than four million units sold worldwide.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi