PARIS, FRANCE - At todayis Apple Expo in Paris, France, Apple Computer announced that the European iTunes Music Stores have sold five million songs in the first ten weeks of operation. The stores, currently open in Germany, France and Britain, are the first of Appleis online music presence outside of the U.S. The company expects to expand the iTMS network of stores to cover all of Europe in October of this year.The iTunes Music Store, which recently sold its 100 millionth song, has also helped iPod sales. Phil Shiller announced at todayis Apple Expo keynote that the iPod now holds a 58% market share in the United States as of June, with more than four million units sold worldwide.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- iCloud Music Library and DRM: Now with Slightly Less Disaster
- Apple Earns a Black Eye for Apple Music
- iTunes 12.2 and iCloud Music Library: A Disaster for Your Music Collection
- Eight Weeks With the MacBook Keyboard: Total Love
- Apple’s new iTunes Terms & Conditions highlight Apple Music, Expose iCloud Music Library