IK Multimedia announced Thursday the release of VocaLive, a vocal processing and recording app for iPhone and iPod touch, as well as iPad, but only in emulation mode. The app offers singers up to 12 real-time vocal effects, and a built-in single-track recorder for capturing your voice. 4-track recording is unlockable via an in-app purchase.
There are five vocal effects, including Pitch Fix (for tuning correction or stylized quantization FX), Choir (a 3-part harmonizer), Morph (an X-Y pitch and formant shifter), De-Esser and Double (Double effect gets unlocked by registering your app). In addition there are seven studio effects, Reverb, Delay, Parametric EQ, Compressor, Chorus, Phazer and Envelope Filter.
Feature list from IK Multimedia:
- Real-time vocal processor + recording app
- 3-processor vocal effects chain
- 12 professional studio quality vocal effects
- Single track Recorder expandable to a full 4-track studio available for in-app purchase
- Import and play songs from your iPod library or computer for use as backing tracks
- Voice Cancel feature lets you create sing-along backing tracks by removing the vocal track from existing recordings
- 50 Presets included with 4 Favorites for fast recall
- Includes metronome and vocal warm-up tools
- Low-latency for real-time vocal processing
- Free version also available
VocaLive is priced at US$19.99, and is available now on the App Store.