IK Multimedia announced Thursday iKlip, a device that allows you to securely clip your iPad to your microphone stand. It’s designed for musicians and DJs who want to use their iPads for practices, live performances, or studio work, as well as for presenters.
The device offers a multi-angle, adjustable iPad holder that attaches to directly to a mic stand. The company said that it offers access to all of the iPad’s buttons, and that users can position their iPad in either landscape or portrait mode.
iKlip features (from IK Multimedia):
- Sturdy, durable thermoplastic construction with six secure touch points holds the iPad without scratching or marring it
- Universal stand clip securely attaches to virtually any microphone stand
- Multi-angle adjustment allows precise positioning for optimal stage or studio viewing
- Quick-snap clips provide fast, secure iPad insertion
- Fast installation — iKlip installs on mic stand in seconds with the twist of a knob
- All controls, buttons and connectors are accessible when the iPad is clipped into iKlip
- Multi-mount design provides both landscape and portrait orientation of the iPad
- Can be mounted on the vertical part of a mic stand, or on a horizontal boom for limitless positioning
- Designed and manufactured in Italy
iKlip is priced at US$39.99/€29.99, and will ship in December. It’s available for pre-order at the company’s Web site.