Intego announced an update to VirusBarrier X5 10.5.8 on Wednesday. VirusBarrier X5 adds new features, including the ability to scan files and applications on the iPhone and iPod touch in search of malware or files that indicate that exploits have compromised the devices.
This new version of the computer security program offers enhancements to the program’s logs, and improves performance for several of the program’s functions.
The update includes the following changes:
- Logs now record more events: start and stop of real-time scanner, virus definition updates, and cancelled archive scans
- Log entries can be copied to the clipboard, and can be deleted individually
- A toolbar button in the log window allows users to reveal item logged
- Logs can be filtered by type: Information, Warnings, and Threats
- Malware are now logged in four classes: Virus, Backdoor, Trojan and Exploit
- Increase in number of malware detected
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements
VirusBarrier X5 10.5.8 is available as a free upgrade for all users of VirusBarrier X5, and is available for download via Intego’s automatic update tool.