Apple updated iTunes to version 10.0.1 on Saturday, enhancing the functionality of Ping, its music-focused social network, by adding the ability to Like or Post about music right from your iTunes library. You can now also see the recent Ping activity of a selected artist in your library, or of all artists and friends you follow on Ping using the newly-introduced Ping Sidebar.
The new iTunes Ping Sidebar and in-Library controls
According to Apple, iTunes 10.0.1 also fixes the following bugs:
- Addresses an issue where the picture quality of a video changes depending on whether the on-screen controls are visible.
- Resolves an issue where iTunes may unexpectedly quit while interacting with album artwork viewed in a separate window.
- Fixes a problem that affects the performance of some third-party visualizers.
- Addresses an issue where the iTunes library and playlists appear empty.
- Resolves an issue that created an incompatibility with some third-party shared libraries.
You can get iTunes 10.0.1 through Software Update or directly from the web.