JAMF Software announced the launch of the Casper Suite Version 7 on Thursday. The Casper Suite provides system administrators with one centralized framework to inventory, image, update and maintain Macintosh computers.
There are seven major new features, and enhancements to version 7 of the Casper Suite:
- Usage Management Tracking - Casper Suite 7 allows the tracking of an application's use on a per-machine basis.
- Licensed Software Templates - The Casper Suite has always allowed IT departments to track the number of software copies deployed against the number that are owned.
- iPhone Inventory & Configuration Profile Deployment - Casper Suite 7 delivers significantly enhanced iPhone support.
- Drive Partitioning and Boot Camp Support when Imaging - The Casper Suite is now able to partition drives at image time and includes support for Boot Camp or to restore partitions.
- Easy Adobe CS4 Deployment and Upgrades - Casper Suite 7 uses native Adobe installers for Adobe CS4 products and updates to ensure simple and easy installation.
- Improved Directory Binding Support - With the Casper Suite, administrators can automatically set up and store binding policies.
- Manage and enforce specific preferences - Administrators can enforce specific preferences at each login.
Casper Suite 7 is available from JAMF Software with pricing based on number of needed licenses.