metaobject has released an update for PostView, bringing it to version 1.1. PostView is a utility designed for PDF file viewing. The update adds several enhancements including immediate DSC Postscript file display. According to metaobjects:
metaobject and OCSoftware today released version 1.1 of PostView, the advanced document and image viewer.
After the roaring success of the initial PostView, the new standard for Postscript and PDF viewing, the 1.1 release packs improvements and new features that make PostView an even more compelling choice. The improvements address most of the user requests we have received, and are too numerous to list, but include the following:
- Immediate display of DSC Postscript files without pre-rendering (with random page access for all Postscript files)
- TeX/Postscript files now anti-aliased and 4-20 times faster
- Document icons for Postscript, EPS and PDF files
- Page rotation and automatic detection of Landscape format
- Small screen support: arbitrary zoom, smooth intra-page scrolling
- Stronger highlight color
- Page size detection for Postscript documents
- Various Postscript enhancements and bug-fixes
You can find more information about the PostView update at the metaobjects Web site. PostView 1.1 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$22.00.