The developers of the Miro project announced Wednesday the release of Miro 2.0, a new version of the group's self-titled free HD video player. The new version sports a new interface, the ability to watch any video in an external window, and other new features.
New features as listed by Miro:
- A beautiful, all-new interface
- Browse while you watch-- pop out any video to an external window (our number one requested feature)
- Miro is now faster, more responsive, uses less memory
- You can add streaming sites like Hulu to your sidebar
- You can add download sites like Archive.org or legaltorrents.com to your sidebar and download to Miro with a single click
- Improved playlists
- New compact, sortable list view
- Better audio support
Miro is an Open Source non-profit group, and is looking for more people to help work on the project. You can download Miro 2.0 from the Miro Web site.