Improvements cited by Mozilla include:
- Support for Lion’s two finger swipe gesture for browsing pages, just like Safari.
- Improved theme integration with OS X Lion.
- Continued attention to improved memory management.
- Improved support for text overflow and added support for font-stretch.
- Critical security patches.
The release notes, system requirements, known issues, an FAQ and more have been posted. Also, a more detailed, item by item, list of changes in version 9 has been published.
For those who have experienced dizziness and disorientation related to Mozilla’s aggressive numbering scheme for new releases, version 3.6.25 was also released with the latest security patches.
Firefox 9 for Intel Mac only requires OS X 10.5 or later and at least 512 MB RAM.