NEC has finally and at long last officially launched the NEC CRV43, the company's 43" wraparound (curved) LCD display. The device was initially shown off as a prototype at CES and other trade shows in years past, but the company is now saying it will be released in July at a price of US$7,999.
The device sports the following features:
- Seamless curved screen, which eliminates bezel and screen gap issues
- 2880 x 900 double WXGA native resolution
- 200 cd/m brightness
- 0.02ms Rapid Response
- 10,000:1 contrast ratio
- Wide color gamut with 100% coverage of sRGB and 99.3% coverage of Adobe RGB
- Single link DVI-D and HDMI 1.3 input connectors
- USB 2.0 connectivity for easy use of peripherals
- Front panel controls
- On Screen Display (OSD) and software-based GUI, which enables advanced display control options
NEC confirmed with The Mac Observer that the NEC CRV43 is HDCP-compliant, meaning that it will work with Macs with video cards that can support the resolution. More specifically, NEC spokespersons told us that if your Mac has DVI-out, it should support this display.
The NEC CRV43 43" Curved LCD Display