Samson Technologies announced Tuesday Go Mic, a portable USB condenser mic. The device is compact, at 2.5" by 1.5", and features a multidirectional hinge for aiming the Mic at the desired sound source. The case itself doubles as either a laptop mount or table stand.
Condenser mics are powered microphones that condense a wide range of sound into a narrower bandwave. They are often used in both low-end and professional applications, and differ from dynamic mics in that they can pick up sound from further away. The Go Mic handles the power through your Mac or PC's USB bus.
"The Go Mic provides general consumers, prosumers and professionals alike with an ingeniously designed handy solution that fits in the palm of your hand," Mark Wilder, Director of Marketing for Samson Technologies, said in a statement. "It provides incredible value and ensures users at home and on the go have the gear they need to clearly record or communicate."
The device's feature list:
- Professional USB condenser microphone
- Plug and Play Mac and PC compatible, no drivers required
- Custom compact design that clips to a laptop or sits on a desk
- Perfect for recording music, podcasting and field recording
- Ideal for voice recognition software, iChat, VoIP and web casting
- Transducer Type: condenser, pressure gradient with USB digital output
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 18kHz
- Polar Pattern: Switchable cardioid or omni
- Sample Rate: 44.1kHz/16-bit
- Available in Black or White
- Included protective carrying case and USB cable
Go Mic retails for US$59.95. You can find more information at Samson Technologies' Web site.
Go Mic on a laptop
Go Mic with the table stand