Sonos announced Wednesday the release of Sonos Controller for iPad, a controller app for the company’s S5 all-in-one systems and ZonePlayers. The company has had an iPhone controller app for some time, but the iPad app has been redesigned for its larger interface.
Features of the app:
- Wirelessly stream millions of songs and stations all over the house and control it all right from your iPad—no computer required.
- Instantly access unlimited music from iTunes and the Internet.
- Play the music stored on your computer or NAS drive or Apple Time Capsule (so you can play even when the computer is off).
- Play the same song in every room or different songs in every room.
- Control the music selection and volume in each room individually.
- Search for any song with the touch-screen keyboard.
- Drag and drop songs or albums into the queue or now playing pane.
- Wake up or fall asleep to your favorite music or Internet radio station with full-featured alarms.
- Set up or expand the Sonos system wirelessly with a touch of a finger.
The app is a free download. The company’s ZonePlayers are priced at US$399.
Sonos Controller for iPad Screenshot