C-Command Software announced Tuesday the release of SpamSieve 2.7.7, an update to the spam filtering software that includes several improvements (despite its x.x.1 version number increase). Changes include filtering improvements, changes to default options, and more:
- Improved compatibility with pre-release versions of Mac OS X.
- Made some changes to improve SpamSieve's filtering accuracy.
- Fixed a bug where the “Train as Good” command in Apple Mail didn't move Exchange messages back to the inbox.
- Encoded HTML mail is spam is now off by default, to reduce the number of false positives.
- Modernized the code.
- Updated the Vietnamese localization.
- Updated the Apple Mail script for discarding spam.
The update is free to registered users, and can be downloaded through SpamSieve itself or C-Command's Web site.