Churr Software announced Monday the release of Stock Investment Guide 3 (SIG), an update to the stock analysis tool for Mac and Windows. The update includes new portfolio-level organizational features and side-by-side comparison tools for weighing one stock against another.
SIG taps into online stock data subscriptions from StockCentral or BetterInvesting, and a subscription to one service or the other is needed for taking advantage of all of the software's features. Users can also use a free-data option in SIG that gathers information from the Internet, but developer Brad Taylor told The Mac Observer that StockCentral and BetterInvesting offer a more complete data set.
Both services provide detailed financial and stock information about publicly traded companies, and SIG's tool set allows investors to better analyze that information. Both services also offer free trial memberships.
New features in version 3:
- A stock library to store completed analyses with the ability to sort analyses into portfolios for tracking and comparison
- Automatically download stock data from BetterInvesting, StockCentral, or free internet data sources
- Built-in web browser with custom links that direct users to in-depth research for the company being analyzed
- Graphs of earnings, sales, pretax profit, and more allow users to estimate the future earnings potential of a company
- Determine Buy, Hold, Sell zones for each stock analyzed
- Full support of the SSG data file format for sharing data with users of similar software
- Crisp printed analysis reports and data graphs
- Time-proven analysis methodology used by stock clubs worldwide
The software requires Mac OS X 10.3 or later, and is priced at US$80 (a free 30-day trial is available). Upgrades from previous versions are $40.
Stock Investment Guide Screenshot
[Update: The article has been updated with upgrade pricing and other additional information. - Editor]