Tidal Pool Software announced the release of MacProxy 1.0 for Mac OS X Leopard on Tuesday. MacProxy provides system-wide network proxy support for the Mac, including applications that don't otherwise include proxy support.
MacProxy 1.0 provides an intuitive user interface via a menulet control and a System Preference pane. The utility allows users to enable/disable the proxy and quickly switch between multiple proxy servers.
Key features of the utility include:
- Works with browsers (Safari, Firefox), email (Mail), chat (iChat), FTP, and telnet among others
- Enable/disable and switch the active proxy conveniently from a menulet
- Create one or more proxy server entries
- Track session statistics including the number of active connections, data sent, and data received
- DNS resolution through the proxy server
- Secure browsing by hiding your IP address
MacProxy is available for download from Tidal Pool Software. The download includes a free, fully functional 30 day trial. MacProxy can be purchased for US$19.99.
MacProxy Screen Shot