TidBITS Publishing announced Thursday the release of Take Control of Fonts in Snow Leopard, the latest in the company’s Take Control ebook series. Authored by Sharon Zardetto, the book covers the topic of font use within Snow Leopard as a whole, as well as some specific circumstances in Adobe CS4 and CS5, Microsoft Office 2004 and 2008, iLife, and iWork.
- The ins and outs of different font installation methods.
- Using Font Book to manage, validate, and organize fonts.
- Making the most of character-rich Unicode fonts.
- Typing unusual characters and working with alternative keyboards.
- Where fonts reside, in what order they load, and what - if anything - you should do about it.
- Organizing fonts from the Adobe Creative Suite so they appear when and where you want them.
- The quirks of fonts installed by Microsoft Office 2004 and 2008, and which ones you should keep.
Take Control of Fonts in Snow Leopard is priced at US$15 as a PDF download or $29.99 as a physical book.