Logitech announced Thursday Ultimate Ears 18 Pro Custom Monitors, a 6-speaker in-ear monitor solution aimed at professional musicians and audiophiles. The in-ear monitors reduce ambient noise by 26 dBs, and feature four-way passive crossovers.
In addition, the UE 18 monitors use a new low-distortion cable, and they are tuned electronically and acoustically. the company also said that each sound channel includes an acoustically tuned in-line filter designed to keep frequencies separate and balanced.
- Speaker Type: 6 proprietary precision balanced armatures
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 18,000 Hz
- Input sensitivity: 110.6 dB @ 1 kHz
- Impedance: 21 ohms @ 1 kHz
- Noise Isolation: -26 dB
- Standard cable length: 48 inches
- Extended cable length (64 inches) available
- Input Connection: 1/8” (3.5 mm) gold plated
- Weight: 1 oz.
- Ambient Feature (a feature available for Ultimate Ears's full custom line): additional $50 fee
- Custom Artwork: costs vary
The devices are priced at US$1,350, come in an aluminum "roadie box," and are expected to ship in February of this year. Note that an ear impression from a qualified audiologist is required for ordering this model.
Ultimate Ears 18 Custom Monitors