Werck BV announced Thursday the release of Checkout 3, an update to the company's point-of-sale (POS) solution for the Mac. The new version includes a new product manager, performance improvements, barcode label printing, and a new Web store solution called EnStore.
POS solutions are what retail stores use at computer-based checkout registers (as opposed to the old fashion mechanical cash registers or even the dedicated electronic cash registers). Checkout 3 is one of the few Mac-based POS systems on the market - Apple uses its own POS solution that was developed in house, for instance.
Checkout 3 allows users to manage inventory, handle credit card transactions, maintain a customer database, and more. The new version of the software adds a variety of new features. In addition to the features mentioned above, it includes:
- Faster log-ins, and overall improved performance for large stores
- Connect up to 20 workstations to one store (Only when the store is hosted on an Intel-based Mac)
- Improved barcode scanner and swipe reader support
- Faster and more powerful search functionality
- Select and delete multiple customer records at once
- Improved Reports and Ledger performance
- Multi-region sales tax support
- Support for multiple suppliers per product
- New easy interface to scan in or enter serial numbers for your products
- Edit properties of multiple products at once
- Support for manually configured connections in the Login window
- Support for shipping addresses and shipping cost on Orders
- Support for hosting multiple Stores on one computer
You can find more information on Checkout 3 at the company's Web site. Pricing for Checkout 3 scales according to the scope of its implementation, and it starts at US$399/€329.
Checkout 3 Screenshot