German developer Zykloid Software announced Wednesday the release of version 1.5 of Posterino. The program allows users to create life posters, photo collages, frames, postcards, greeting cards and contact sheets from digital images. Other features include a variety of templates with grids of identical or odd-sized containers to work with. The application also allows users to automatically fill containers with images or drag and drop images in manually.
The new version offers the following features, fixes and changes:
- Added Dutch language support.
- Solved a bug that could lead Posterino to skip thumbnail images on opening saved documents.
- Prepared the "real" postcard interface to be discontinued on July 1st, 2009.
- Send documents via e-mail.
- Integrated Image Picker to browse and choose images from iPhoto, Aperture, or a folder on disk.
- Auto-selection and auto-placement of images.
- Export documents to iPhoto, Flickr, or local disk.
- Live image editing: crop, rotate, skew.
- Changeable image border properties: width, color, radius, shadow.
- Document layout and size can be changed to fit users needs.
- Built in layout generator user defined number of images.
- Users can create own templates.
- Automatic software update.
Posterino 1.5 supports English, German, French, Dutch and Japanese localizations, retails for $24.95 with a full demo version available and requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later to install and run.