Austin Mann is a professional photographer who took the iPhone 5s to Patagonia and put the camera on the device through its paces. He compared it to the iPhone 5, and posted a bunch of photos and videos that illustrate his findings. His tests looked at Apple's Panorama feature, the new Slow-Motion mode, Burst mode, and post-processing to look at things like the dynamic processing range. He found that, "This iPhone 5S beats out the 5 in every camera test and in many ways I prefer it to my DSLR. Sure it has its pros & cons…but for the first time ever, I didn't bring my Canon 1DX and I didn't regret it one bit. That's saying a lot." It includes technical issues, but it's presented in a very readable manner. He has much larger versions of the images I included, as well as videos and other photographs. (Thanks to TMO reader paikinho for the heads up.)
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- Frozen: How to Force Quit an OS X App Showing a Spinning Beachball of Death
- How iTunes Movie DRM-Removal Software Keeps Me Honest
- How to Manage the Secret Software That Google Chrome Installs on Your Mac
- Back from the Dead: Using Apple’s Abandoned Safari for Windows Today
- iOS 9 Content Blockers - Bring ‘Em On!