I have something for musicians today, a Kickstarter project called the Amperage Pedal. It's a stompbox that gives guitarists, bassists, and keyboardists, 2 foot switches and 7 banks of 7 knobs for MIDI-capable apps on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or PC. That's a lot of control for the growing legions of musicians who use mobile devices and computers to control and shape their sound onstage, though I can also see studio and in-your-living-room use for it. The device will work with any MIDI-capable software out of the box, but the folks behind it said they'll release a utility for Mac and Windows that allows tinkerers even greater control over the device. Funding options that include a finished product start at US$225, and the company is looking to raise just under $10,000.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi