I have something for musicians today, a Kickstarter project called the Amperage Pedal. It's a stompbox that gives guitarists, bassists, and keyboardists, 2 foot switches and 7 banks of 7 knobs for MIDI-capable apps on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or PC. That's a lot of control for the growing legions of musicians who use mobile devices and computers to control and shape their sound onstage, though I can also see studio and in-your-living-room use for it. The device will work with any MIDI-capable software out of the box, but the folks behind it said they'll release a utility for Mac and Windows that allows tinkerers even greater control over the device. Funding options that include a finished product start at US$225, and the company is looking to raise just under $10,000.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- Analyst: “Hey Siri” Media Event no Game Changer for AAPL
- Joy of Tech Comic Nails the Difference Between Cable Providers and Customers on Apple TV
- Frozen: How to Force Quit an OS X App Showing a Spinning Beachball of Death
- How iTunes Movie DRM-Removal Software Keeps Me Honest
- How to Manage the Secret Software That Google Chrome Installs on Your Mac