I have something for musicians today, a Kickstarter project called the Amperage Pedal. It's a stompbox that gives guitarists, bassists, and keyboardists, 2 foot switches and 7 banks of 7 knobs for MIDI-capable apps on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or PC. That's a lot of control for the growing legions of musicians who use mobile devices and computers to control and shape their sound onstage, though I can also see studio and in-your-living-room use for it. The device will work with any MIDI-capable software out of the box, but the folks behind it said they'll release a utility for Mac and Windows that allows tinkerers even greater control over the device. Funding options that include a finished product start at US$225, and the company is looking to raise just under $10,000.
Recent News See All »
- Safari Offers Longer Battery Life than Chrome or Firefox
- New Patents Hint at Apple Texture-simulating Uber Stylus
- Apple Campus 2 Will Have Full Blown Visitor Center with Store, Cafe, Observation Deck
- Photoshop CS6 Stragglers Out of Luck for Camera Raw Updates
- Buy iPhone 6 from T-Mobile Now, Swap for iPhone 6s for Free, Apple Music Exempt from Data Limits