LAS VEGAS - Anker introduced the 2nd Gen. Astro 6000mAh portable external battery this week at CES. Anker has been in the external battery business for a while, but the company also rolled out its PowerIQ technology that allows its chargers to recognize all your devices and send them a full charge. That means your iPad, iPad mini, iPhone, Kindle Fire, Nexus, or Samsung device will all get a proper charge without you having to think about it. This is especially important for larger devices like the iPad and many Android tablets that want 2.1 amps—if an external battery doesn't know how to properly handshake with those devices, they'll only get some of the juice they need. I should also mention that Anker's Astro is a good looking device with a nice feel to it. It retails for US$59.99, but Amazon has it on sale for $29.99 for Prime members.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- How to Manage the Secret Software That Google Chrome Installs on Your Mac
- Back from the Dead: Using Apple’s Abandoned Safari for Windows Today
- OS X: El Capitan’s Deletion of “Repair Disk Permissions” Could Impact You
- When (and When Not) to Replace Your Old Mac
- How Not to Waste Your Time With the iPhone 6 Plus Camera Replacement Program