LAS VEGAS - The mad geniuses at Anki DRIVE unveiled new weapons and other upgrades for their insanely cool iPhone and iPad-controlled DRIVE race cars. My favorite was the 180-degree flip-around that lets you suddenly face your opponents and fire your weapons. How cool is that? Other new features include an EMP that knocks out nearby opponents (!!), a horn that makes your opponents move out of the way, and a kinetic brake that allows you to stop. Players can also now switch between upgrades more easily, making for more dynamic competition. I should also mention that the company told me that players have already driven 60 million laps, which is crazy considering this product was first shows at June's WWDC and released to the public in October. VROOM! The video below shows off general Anki DRIVE gameplay.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- How to Create Signatures in Mail.app in iOS and OS X
- The Reason Why No Company Can Duplicate Apple’s iPhone Appeal
- How to Pre-authorize Your iPhone to Use Apple Pay
- Buy iPhone 6 from T-Mobile Now, Swap for iPhone 6s for Free, Apple Music Exempt from Data Limits
- No One Really Needs an Apple Watch Today