LAS VEGAS - The mad geniuses at Anki DRIVE unveiled new weapons and other upgrades for their insanely cool iPhone and iPad-controlled DRIVE race cars. My favorite was the 180-degree flip-around that lets you suddenly face your opponents and fire your weapons. How cool is that? Other new features include an EMP that knocks out nearby opponents (!!), a horn that makes your opponents move out of the way, and a kinetic brake that allows you to stop. Players can also now switch between upgrades more easily, making for more dynamic competition. I should also mention that the company told me that players have already driven 60 million laps, which is crazy considering this product was first shows at June's WWDC and released to the public in October. VROOM! The video below shows off general Anki DRIVE gameplay.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- Apple Earns a Black Eye for Apple Music
- iTunes 12.2 and iCloud Music Library: A Disaster for Your Music Collection
- Eight Weeks With the MacBook Keyboard: Total Love
- Apple’s new iTunes Terms & Conditions highlight Apple Music, Expose iCloud Music Library
- Import Spotify and Rdio Playlists to Beats Music for Apple Music Launch