Apple launched a new commercial called "Designed by Apple in California." The ad touts both the role of Apple's operations in Cupertino, California, and the message that the company, "spends a lot of time on a few great things. Until every idea we touch enhances each life it touches." This is a message Apple CEO Tim Cook has been emphasizing in recent interviews, especially when asked about making cheap iPhones to gain market share. It's a touchy-feely ad that doesn't tout devices or features, but rather delivers the philosophy that drives the company. In a climate with lots of smack-talking aimed at Apple, it's a nice, subtle counter-argument. We should also note that it's not aimed at the echo chamber, making said echo chamber's opinion of the ad—for good or for ill—moot.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Samsung Innovation: Samsung Pay and an iPhone 6 Lookalike
- Apple Death Knell #68: Apple’s Stock Will Collapse Because iPhone Is Too Important
- What to Expect During Apple’s March 9 Media Event
- Mac Users Have Fallen Out of Love with Personal Databases, But Why?
- Hue Do You Love? (Or, My Expensive Love Affair with Hue Lightbulbs)