Apple launched a new commercial called "Designed by Apple in California." The ad touts both the role of Apple's operations in Cupertino, California, and the message that the company, "spends a lot of time on a few great things. Until every idea we touch enhances each life it touches." This is a message Apple CEO Tim Cook has been emphasizing in recent interviews, especially when asked about making cheap iPhones to gain market share. It's a touchy-feely ad that doesn't tout devices or features, but rather delivers the philosophy that drives the company. In a climate with lots of smack-talking aimed at Apple, it's a nice, subtle counter-argument. We should also note that it's not aimed at the echo chamber, making said echo chamber's opinion of the ad—for good or for ill—moot.
← Previous Article
X-Doria announced a cool looking iPhone case on Tuesday called Shield. The multi-layered case offers protection from shocks, and it…
Next Article →
IK Multimedia announced on Thursday the release of Lightning Cable for iRig Keys. It allows the company's iRig Key keyboard…
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- ‘Someone’ Targets Hong Kong Protesters Using Jailbroken iPhones with Malware
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Dr. Mac’s Final Showdown
- Microsoft Math: Add 1 to Windows 8 and You Get Windows 10?
- Facebook Launches Atlas Ad Network to Sell You Elsewhere
- Laurene Powell Jobs 28th Wealthiest American, 4th Richest American Woman