Apple launched a new commercial called "Designed by Apple in California." The ad touts both the role of Apple's operations in Cupertino, California, and the message that the company, "spends a lot of time on a few great things. Until every idea we touch enhances each life it touches." This is a message Apple CEO Tim Cook has been emphasizing in recent interviews, especially when asked about making cheap iPhones to gain market share. It's a touchy-feely ad that doesn't tout devices or features, but rather delivers the philosophy that drives the company. In a climate with lots of smack-talking aimed at Apple, it's a nice, subtle counter-argument. We should also note that it's not aimed at the echo chamber, making said echo chamber's opinion of the ad—for good or for ill—moot.
Recent News See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple to Supreme Court: You can Skip Samsung’s Patent Appeal
- Want to Watch the Super Bowl on Your iPad for Free? There’s an App for That
- Final Cut Pro X Adds 4K Video Export for Apple Devices
- Apple to Accept Some Cracked Screens in iPhone Trade-in Program and Install Screen Protectors