One of the Boinx employees built a prototype of an app to display (via projector) the photos guests were taking at his wedding, and at the end all the photos were also stored on his device, so he had all those pictures immediately instead of waiting for email and Dropbox and Facebook and whatever other way people share photos. Now Boinx wants to turn this into a real app, but coding isn't cheap so there's now an Indiegogo campaign to help make that happen. I say help because each dollar raised in the campaign gets matched by two Boinx dollars. This is really a way to measure interest in the app before investing significant resources into it. As with all crowd funding campaigns, there are perks and these range from one "party ticket" for US $5 all the way up to the $5,000 level which gets you food, drinks, and a room in Munich to come party with the Boinx crew at Oktoberfest (travel costs excluded). If you feel particularly generous, there are million dollar (Apple CEO level) and billion dollar (Facebook CEO level) options, which have some pretty sweet perks. I love this idea because aside from the cool factor of showing off pictures at an event as they happen, having them all on my device at the end is unbelievably convenient. Check out the video below.
Recent News See All »
- Apple, HBO Look to Bring HBO Now Streaming Service to Apple TV
- Decades-Old Legacy Encryption Found in iOS, OS X, Android - Apple Says Fix Is Coming
- Apple Will Reportedly Announce MacBook Air with Retina Display on March 9th
- Apple’s Security Contractors are about to Become Employees
- Apple Working on Settlement with A123 after Hiring Battery Employees