This Saturday, you can celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Macintosh computer by attending a majorly cool event fittingly called Mac 30th Celebration. It's being held at the Flint Center in Cupertino, CA, the same place the Mac was originally announced in 1984. The event features three panels that include many members of the amazing team that developed the Mac with Steve Jobs, including Bill Atkinson, Randy Wigginton, Andy Hertzfeld, Bruce Horn, George Crow. and Caroline Rose. Another panel features Daniel Kottke, Larry Tesler, Marc LeBrun, Bill Fernandez and a mystery guest. A third panel features several third party Mac developers. As amazing as all that is, there will also be an appearance by the Macworld All Star Band, with Chris Breen, Paul Kent, Bob LeVitus, Chuck La Tournous, Duane Straub, Dave Hamilton and Bryan Chaffin (a.k.a. me). Tickets are $109.75 or $140.80, and all proceeds after expenses benefit the Coders Dojo.
Recent News See All »
- Tim Cook: The NSA Won’t Be Asking for Backdoors (Anymore)
- Apple Watch Coming to Target October 18
- Apple Reportedly ‘Seals Deal’ on on 777,000 Square Foot Landmark Campus
- Amazon Jumps the Shark and Kicks Apple TV and Google Chromecast off Store
- James Bell, Former Boeing CFO, Joins Apple Board of Directors