Now that Ashton Kutcher's Steve Jobs biopic has been renamed Jobs (from jOBS, a title I liked) and rescheduled for an August 16th, 2013 release, it's time for the trailers. The first one has been posted on YouTube, and it's a slickly-edited ad that focuses on the drama, some sex (somehow I suspect that's being overplayed), and the tension in Steve Jobs's corporate struggles at Apple. It also plays on some fan heart strings with phrases like "The Original Innovator," and "It only takes one person...to start a revolution." There are smashing phones, votes to kick him out of Apple, some screaming, and at the end, Ashton Kutcher reads the voice-over narration of "The Crazy Ones" commercial. In short, it's pretty cool. My favorite shot was Steve Jobs's eyeball reflecting the prototype for what became the Apple I TV display.
Recent News See All »
- Tim Cook: The NSA Won’t Be Asking for Backdoors (Anymore)
- Apple Watch Coming to Target October 18
- Apple Reportedly ‘Seals Deal’ on on 777,000 Square Foot Landmark Campus
- Amazon Jumps the Shark and Kicks Apple TV and Google Chromecast off Store
- James Bell, Former Boeing CFO, Joins Apple Board of Directors