Now that Ashton Kutcher's Steve Jobs biopic has been renamed Jobs (from jOBS, a title I liked) and rescheduled for an August 16th, 2013 release, it's time for the trailers. The first one has been posted on YouTube, and it's a slickly-edited ad that focuses on the drama, some sex (somehow I suspect that's being overplayed), and the tension in Steve Jobs's corporate struggles at Apple. It also plays on some fan heart strings with phrases like "The Original Innovator," and "It only takes one person...to start a revolution." There are smashing phones, votes to kick him out of Apple, some screaming, and at the end, Ashton Kutcher reads the voice-over narration of "The Crazy Ones" commercial. In short, it's pretty cool. My favorite shot was Steve Jobs's eyeball reflecting the prototype for what became the Apple I TV display.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi