Focusrite announced iTrack Studio, a complete recording solution in--a-box for iPad, Mac or PC. We think that's pretty cool. iTrack Studio comes with an audio interface with one XLR input for a microphone (XLR cable included) and one 1/4-inch input for guitar or bass. You connect that to your iPad via an included USB-to-30-pin Dock connector (iPad 4 & iPad mini users will need a Lightning adapter). It connects to Mac or PC via a USB-to-USB cable (not included). It also comes with a Focusrite studio condenser mic, and a set of closed-back studio headphones for monitoring. You can then record with Focusrite's free Tape app, Apple's GarageBand, or any other DAW for iPad, Mac, or PC. iTrack Studio ships in September with an MSRP of $299. You can see it in use in the video below.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- Apple Stores Are Holding the New MacBooks Captive
- iCloud Music Library and DRM: Now with Slightly Less Disaster
- Apple Earns a Black Eye for Apple Music
- iTunes 12.2 and iCloud Music Library: A Disaster for Your Music Collection
- Apple’s new iTunes Terms & Conditions highlight Apple Music, Expose iCloud Music Library