Engineers of the world, rejoice! LabNation has a KickStarter project that turns your iPad or iPhone into the display for a tiny oscilloscope. Called Smartscope, the device is a 2x100MS/s 45MHz open source oscilloscope, and it uses your iOS, OS X, Android, Linux, or Windows device into its display, and if you're talking about a touch interface device like an iPhone or iPad, you can control it with touch gestures. No more fiddling with knobs. In addition to the oscilloscope, it has a 50MS/s arbitrary waveform generator, a digital logic analyzer, a digital waveform generator, and it has 200 waveform/second data updates. There are several funding options that will give you early access to a discounted unit, and the project is almost fully funded with 23 days left to go.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Apple Death Knell #68: Apple’s Stock Will Collapse Because iPhone Is Too Important
- What to Expect During Apple’s March 9 Media Event
- Mac Users Have Fallen Out of Love with Personal Databases, But Why?
- Hue Do You Love? (Or, My Expensive Love Affair with Hue Lightbulbs)
- Three Tips for Apple’s Keynote App on iPad