Engineers of the world, rejoice! LabNation has a KickStarter project that turns your iPad or iPhone into the display for a tiny oscilloscope. Called Smartscope, the device is a 2x100MS/s 45MHz open source oscilloscope, and it uses your iOS, OS X, Android, Linux, or Windows device into its display, and if you're talking about a touch interface device like an iPhone or iPad, you can control it with touch gestures. No more fiddling with knobs. In addition to the oscilloscope, it has a 50MS/s arbitrary waveform generator, a digital logic analyzer, a digital waveform generator, and it has 200 waveform/second data updates. There are several funding options that will give you early access to a discounted unit, and the project is almost fully funded with 23 days left to go.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- Back from the Dead: Using Apple’s Abandoned Safari for Windows Today
- OS X: El Capitan’s Deletion of “Repair Disk Permissions” Could Impact You
- When (and When Not) to Replace Your Old Mac
- How Not to Waste Your Time With the iPhone 6 Plus Camera Replacement Program
- How to Force Apple Watch to Fix Sunrise/Sunset Display