Hey, guess what? The effort to sell Hulu has been called off. Again. This is the second time the ad-supported and for-fee television and movie streaming service has been on the auction block only to be pulled off again. Instead, the three companies that own the service—21st Century Fox, NBC Universal and The Walt Disney Co.—will give Hulu a cash infusion of US$750 million. Home Media Magazine has more information, but for now the forces of inertia are maintaining their hold on the TV industry, even while Apple looks to shake things up.
Recent News See All »
- Apple, HBO Look to Bring HBO Now Streaming Service to Apple TV
- Decades-Old Legacy Encryption Found in iOS, OS X, Android - Apple Says Fix Is Coming
- Apple Will Reportedly Announce MacBook Air with Retina Display on March 9th
- Apple’s Security Contractors are about to Become Employees
- Apple Working on Settlement with A123 after Hiring Battery Employees