Wow, talk about a Kickstarter project aimed directly at me! Evan Balster has developed software for the Mac and PC called imitone that takes the notes you sing and turns them into MIDI signals. I can't tell you how many songs I've started by humming something only to forget it before I sit down with a guitar. In fact, I've taken to recording Voice Memos on my iPhone where I sing various parts and offer notes to myself on what I'm thinking. With imitone, I could sing them to my Mac (note to Evan, bring imitone to iOS, please!) and import the MIDI data directly to Logic and put together a quick demo. I say Logic, imitone's MIDI data works with any MIDI software. The software is fully functional, but the Kickstarter money will be used to better refine the Interface with a professional designer for commercial release. Evan has already raised more than US$18,600 of his $20,000 goal, and funding options that get you a copy of the software start at $25.
Recent News See All »
- Reports Claim 12-inch iPad to Copy Microsoft Surface Tablet, Shipping in September
- Apple, HBO Look to Bring HBO Now Streaming Service to Apple TV
- Decades-Old Legacy Encryption Found in iOS, OS X, Android - Apple Says Fix Is Coming
- Apple Will Reportedly Announce MacBook Air with Retina Display on March 9th
- Apple’s Security Contractors are about to Become Employees