Wow, talk about a Kickstarter project aimed directly at me! Evan Balster has developed software for the Mac and PC called imitone that takes the notes you sing and turns them into MIDI signals. I can't tell you how many songs I've started by humming something only to forget it before I sit down with a guitar. In fact, I've taken to recording Voice Memos on my iPhone where I sing various parts and offer notes to myself on what I'm thinking. With imitone, I could sing them to my Mac (note to Evan, bring imitone to iOS, please!) and import the MIDI data directly to Logic and put together a quick demo. I say Logic, imitone's MIDI data works with any MIDI software. The software is fully functional, but the Kickstarter money will be used to better refine the Interface with a professional designer for commercial release. Evan has already raised more than US$18,600 of his $20,000 goal, and funding options that get you a copy of the software start at $25.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Apple Doesn’t Have to Make the ‘Best’ TV Shows to Be Successful
- Vidity: A Potential UHD/4KTV Game Changer - Will Apple Play?
- Tidal Accuses Apple of Blocking Drake Benefit Stream, but Not According to Drake
- Keychain 101: Getting Started with Apple’s Password Manager
- An iPhone 6s That Can Record 4K Video Means a 4K Apple TV