IK Multimedia announced on Thursday iRig Mic Field, a digital stereo microphone for Lightning-equipped iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches. This device is designed to capture high-quality audio using two high-quality cardioid electret condenser capsules, a 24-bit audiophile-grade A/D converter (with 44.1/48kHz sample rate), a 115 dB maximum SPL rating, and a built in low-noise, high-definition preamp. Because it uses the Lightning port, it can be used for either standalone audio or for capturing audio for a video, too. It works in conjunction with iRig Recorder, the company's audio recording app for iOS, but it's also compatible with Core Audio and Core Video-enabled apps, including Apple's GarageBand, Voice Memo, Camera, and iMovie. iRig Mic Field is US$99.99/€79.99, and it ships in October.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- Apple Earns a Black Eye for Apple Music
- iTunes 12.2 and iCloud Music Library: A Disaster for Your Music Collection
- Apple’s new iTunes Terms & Conditions highlight Apple Music, Expose iCloud Music Library
- Import Spotify and Rdio Playlists to Beats Music for Apple Music Launch
- How to Safely Disable iCloud Photo Library and Reclaim Space for iCloud Backups