IK Multimedia announced on Thursday iRig Mic Field, a digital stereo microphone for Lightning-equipped iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches. This device is designed to capture high-quality audio using two high-quality cardioid electret condenser capsules, a 24-bit audiophile-grade A/D converter (with 44.1/48kHz sample rate), a 115 dB maximum SPL rating, and a built in low-noise, high-definition preamp. Because it uses the Lightning port, it can be used for either standalone audio or for capturing audio for a video, too. It works in conjunction with iRig Recorder, the company's audio recording app for iOS, but it's also compatible with Core Audio and Core Video-enabled apps, including Apple's GarageBand, Voice Memo, Camera, and iMovie. iRig Mic Field is US$99.99/€79.99, and it ships in October.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi