The folks at Focusrite have released another cool recording product for iOS device owners, the iTrack Dock. This is a docking station for your Lightning-connector iPads (4th gen iPad, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina Display) that has built-in audio inputs for recording multiple sources at once. It includes dual Focusrite microphone preamps plus two line inputs and an instrument DI, independent stereo monitor and headphone outputs, and a USB port for class-compliant MIDI instruments and controllers. It then works with any Core Audio-enabled digital audio workstation app, where you can use the iPad itself as a control surface coupled with the hardware controllers on the iTrack Dock. Come on, that's way cool! it's priced at US$199 at dealers, and will ship after the NAMM show later this month. The video below shows the device in use by Gavin Smith.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Apple Death Knell #68: Apple’s Stock Will Collapse Because iPhone Is Too Important
- What to Expect During Apple’s March 9 Media Event
- Mac Users Have Fallen Out of Love with Personal Databases, But Why?
- Hue Do You Love? (Or, My Expensive Love Affair with Hue Lightbulbs)
- Three Tips for Apple’s Keynote App on iPad