The folks at Focusrite have released another cool recording product for iOS device owners, the iTrack Dock. This is a docking station for your Lightning-connector iPads (4th gen iPad, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina Display) that has built-in audio inputs for recording multiple sources at once. It includes dual Focusrite microphone preamps plus two line inputs and an instrument DI, independent stereo monitor and headphone outputs, and a USB port for class-compliant MIDI instruments and controllers. It then works with any Core Audio-enabled digital audio workstation app, where you can use the iPad itself as a control surface coupled with the hardware controllers on the iTrack Dock. Come on, that's way cool! it's priced at US$199 at dealers, and will ship after the NAMM show later this month. The video below shows the device in use by Gavin Smith.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi