LEGO is bridging the gap between building in the real world and virtual worlds on your iPad with its new Fusion kits. Think of it as Minecraft that starts on your kitchen table, then moves into your iPad. Each kit includes 200 bricks you can use to build a virtual town, resort, raceway or fort, depending on which pack you buy. You start by crafting building facades, then snap photos with the iPad camera. Each facade you capture becomes a 3D building in your virtual world where you work to keep your virtual minifigs happy. Kits are priced at US$34.99 each and will be available starting in August. The accompanying iPad app will be a free download from Apple's iTunes-based App Store.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- How to Manage the Secret Software That Google Chrome Installs on Your Mac
- Back from the Dead: Using Apple’s Abandoned Safari for Windows Today
- OS X: El Capitan’s Deletion of “Repair Disk Permissions” Could Impact You
- When (and When Not) to Replace Your Old Mac
- How Not to Waste Your Time With the iPhone 6 Plus Camera Replacement Program