LAS VEGAS - French firm Netatmo announced for CES a product called June that monitors your (and your skin's) exposure to the sun and ultraviolet (UV) light. Designed to be worn as a bracelet or a broach, the device monitors your exposure in real-time and a companion iPhone app records your total daily exposure. The app can alert users when they need to protect their skin, and it will allow them to see when exposure to UV rays was most intense during the day. Designed by French jewelry designer Camille Toupet, the device was designed for and is being aimed at women, but exposure to the sun is a growing concern for anyone who spends a lot of time outdoors. The device is scheduled for release in the Q2 for a retail price of US$99.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- New Products Apple Might Give Us While We Wait for the Car
- Changing Your Wi-Fi Channel for Improved Speed
- Tim Cook Worked Hard to Sell Us on Apple’s Future while CFO Luca Maestri Apologized
- Apple Misses Wall Street Estimates on Earnings, iPhone, Mac, and Raises Dividend
- The John Sculley Interview: Apple’s DNA, Walks With Steve Jobs and More