LAS VEGAS - French firm Netatmo announced for CES a product called June that monitors your (and your skin's) exposure to the sun and ultraviolet (UV) light. Designed to be worn as a bracelet or a broach, the device monitors your exposure in real-time and a companion iPhone app records your total daily exposure. The app can alert users when they need to protect their skin, and it will allow them to see when exposure to UV rays was most intense during the day. Designed by French jewelry designer Camille Toupet, the device was designed for and is being aimed at women, but exposure to the sun is a growing concern for anyone who spends a lot of time outdoors. The device is scheduled for release in the Q2 for a retail price of US$99.
Recent News See All »
- Tim Cook: The NSA Won’t Be Asking for Backdoors (Anymore)
- Apple Watch Coming to Target October 18
- Apple Reportedly ‘Seals Deal’ on on 777,000 Square Foot Landmark Campus
- Amazon Jumps the Shark and Kicks Apple TV and Google Chromecast off Store
- James Bell, Former Boeing CFO, Joins Apple Board of Directors