What was science fiction a few decades ago could become a reality, if the folks at crowd Energy can do what they say. The company is developing an underwater turbine that generates electricity through the incredible power of ocean currents, and they're looking to fund it through Kickstarter. Called Ocean Energy Turbine, the project is intended to pay for development of a design the company's team of scientists, engineers, and marine biologists have already put together. This is a pure donation Kickstarter—you won't get anything for your money other than knowing you contributed to the development of an alternative form of energy that could dwarf every other form of energy production on the planet, including fossil fuels. The company said that it's using crowd funding in order to eliminate the risk of getting bought and buried. Seems reasonable. The Kickstarter has raised US$16,780 out of an initial goal of $75,000 with 42 days to go.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- Apple Earns a Black Eye for Apple Music
- iTunes 12.2 and iCloud Music Library: A Disaster for Your Music Collection
- Eight Weeks With the MacBook Keyboard: Total Love
- Apple’s new iTunes Terms & Conditions highlight Apple Music, Expose iCloud Music Library
- Import Spotify and Rdio Playlists to Beats Music for Apple Music Launch