What was science fiction a few decades ago could become a reality, if the folks at crowd Energy can do what they say. The company is developing an underwater turbine that generates electricity through the incredible power of ocean currents, and they're looking to fund it through Kickstarter. Called Ocean Energy Turbine, the project is intended to pay for development of a design the company's team of scientists, engineers, and marine biologists have already put together. This is a pure donation Kickstarter—you won't get anything for your money other than knowing you contributed to the development of an alternative form of energy that could dwarf every other form of energy production on the planet, including fossil fuels. The company said that it's using crowd funding in order to eliminate the risk of getting bought and buried. Seems reasonable. The Kickstarter has raised US$16,780 out of an initial goal of $75,000 with 42 days to go.
Recent News See All »
- Safari Offers Longer Battery Life than Chrome or Firefox
- New Patents Hint at Apple Texture-simulating Uber Stylus
- Apple Campus 2 Will Have Full Blown Visitor Center with Store, Cafe, Observation Deck
- Photoshop CS6 Stragglers Out of Luck for Camera Raw Updates
- Buy iPhone 6 from T-Mobile Now, Swap for iPhone 6s for Free, Apple Music Exempt from Data Limits