"Oh noes! My Mac and/or PC is broken! Now I can't work and I will have to go home! This is terrible!" Now, if you try this, make sure you apply those exclamation points liberally and vociferously or the whole ruse will fall apart faster than a reality TV star marriage. What I'm talking about is Happy Hour Virus, a website that will simulate a Mac or Windows system crash so that you, the hapless victim of this brokenness, can go home. Or out. Whatever, it's your day. Make the most of it. Just choose your broken mode and the site puts up a full-screen crash—either a kernel panic for OS X, a broken monitor, or a BSOD for Windows, complete with slowly typing DOS text. Don't worry, though, it won't actually crash your system. Hit escape and your proper desktop is restored. BTW, I'm offering bonus points to anyone who can get out of work because their Mac had a BSOD.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi