A year ago today, Bryan Chaffin wrote about Pixel Press, a Kickstarter project that allows you to draw your own video game. Now it’s finally available! Pixel Press Floors is a fantastic iPad app that is currently free and can be used to create levels of a platform-style game just by drawing them. You don't draw? It don't matter! You only need to manage to draw symbols like X and +, and the app translates, filling in spikes and moving platforms and coins among other things). You can draw on paper, or you can draw within the app itself to make these levels come to life, then you can play those levels or share them with others. For lots of kids (like, oh, let's just say me) who played platformers growing up and when they weren't playing games, were drawing what their dream games would be, this is an awesome opportunity to realize a dream. For today's kids, there's a great opportunity to learn about game mechanics and testing and iteration. Check out the app in action in the video below.
Recent News See All »
- Apple Music’s Ian Rogers Left for the Fashion Industry
- Apple Doesn’t Have to Make the ‘Best’ TV Shows to Be Successful
- iPhone Jailbreakers Hit with ID Stealing Hack
- Tidal Accuses Apple of Blocking Drake Benefit Stream, but Not According to Drake
- Apple Digs Deeper into Enterprise with Cisco Partnership
Popular Stories See All »
- Frozen: How to Force Quit an OS X App Showing a Spinning Beachball of Death
- How to Manage the Secret Software That Google Chrome Installs on Your Mac
- Back from the Dead: Using Apple’s Abandoned Safari for Windows Today
- An iPhone 6s That Can Record 4K Video Means a 4K Apple TV
- iOS 9 Content Blockers - Bring ‘Em On!