PowerPractical has launched the PowerPot X, a 10 watt version of the company's portable charging technology, on Kickstarter. PowerPot X is designed to sit on a fire—be it a camp fire or a gas-powered flame—and turn that heat energy into electricity you can use to charge your mobile devices, and it does it without any moving parts. Cool, right? For outdoorsy folks or anyone prepping for bad weather, the PowerPot line is one of several alternative-energy solutions coming to market to address portable charging, and I like this one because it harnesses energy that is usually otherwise wasted. There are a ton of funding options available, and the company is already very close to its goals, but funding will still get you a discount on a unit when it ships. The video below contains too much back-story, but at the two minute mark, they get to the new model they're working on.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Samsung Innovation: Samsung Pay and an iPhone 6 Lookalike
- Apple Death Knell #68: Apple’s Stock Will Collapse Because iPhone Is Too Important
- What to Expect During Apple’s March 9 Media Event
- Mac Users Have Fallen Out of Love with Personal Databases, But Why?
- Hue Do You Love? (Or, My Expensive Love Affair with Hue Lightbulbs)