PowerPractical has launched the PowerPot X, a 10 watt version of the company's portable charging technology, on Kickstarter. PowerPot X is designed to sit on a fire—be it a camp fire or a gas-powered flame—and turn that heat energy into electricity you can use to charge your mobile devices, and it does it without any moving parts. Cool, right? For outdoorsy folks or anyone prepping for bad weather, the PowerPot line is one of several alternative-energy solutions coming to market to address portable charging, and I like this one because it harnesses energy that is usually otherwise wasted. There are a ton of funding options available, and the company is already very close to its goals, but funding will still get you a discount on a unit when it ships. The video below contains too much back-story, but at the two minute mark, they get to the new model they're working on.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi