ReadWrite has posted a bunch of photos of Apple's semi-secret data "Pillar" data center project in Prineville, Oregon, photos taken from the roof of Facebook's own nearby data center. There's not a lot revealed in the photographs, but considering Apple's efforts to keep everything it does secret, those who follow the company's every move will no doubt find them interesting. Reporter Taylor Hatmaker tracked down the location of the facility, and noted that it is completely devoid of any Apple branding, including the company's logo, name, or even fonts. instead, a single sign at the entrance to the construction project is labeled only with the "Pillar" project name and "Fortis," the construction company. Apple has been working on the project for more than a year, and is one of a few known data center projects Apple is building. Check out the full gallery and accompanying story for more information.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- Analyst: “Hey Siri” Media Event no Game Changer for AAPL
- Joy of Tech Comic Nails the Difference Between Cable Providers and Customers on Apple TV
- Frozen: How to Force Quit an OS X App Showing a Spinning Beachball of Death
- How iTunes Movie DRM-Removal Software Keeps Me Honest
- How to Manage the Secret Software That Google Chrome Installs on Your Mac