ReadWrite has posted a bunch of photos of Apple's semi-secret data "Pillar" data center project in Prineville, Oregon, photos taken from the roof of Facebook's own nearby data center. There's not a lot revealed in the photographs, but considering Apple's efforts to keep everything it does secret, those who follow the company's every move will no doubt find them interesting. Reporter Taylor Hatmaker tracked down the location of the facility, and noted that it is completely devoid of any Apple branding, including the company's logo, name, or even fonts. instead, a single sign at the entrance to the construction project is labeled only with the "Pillar" project name and "Fortis," the construction company. Apple has been working on the project for more than a year, and is one of a few known data center projects Apple is building. Check out the full gallery and accompanying story for more information.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- How to Create Signatures in Mail.app in iOS and OS X
- The Reason Why No Company Can Duplicate Apple’s iPhone Appeal
- How to Pre-authorize Your iPhone to Use Apple Pay
- Buy iPhone 6 from T-Mobile Now, Swap for iPhone 6s for Free, Apple Music Exempt from Data Limits
- No One Really Needs an Apple Watch Today