ReadWrite has posted a bunch of photos of Apple's semi-secret data "Pillar" data center project in Prineville, Oregon, photos taken from the roof of Facebook's own nearby data center. There's not a lot revealed in the photographs, but considering Apple's efforts to keep everything it does secret, those who follow the company's every move will no doubt find them interesting. Reporter Taylor Hatmaker tracked down the location of the facility, and noted that it is completely devoid of any Apple branding, including the company's logo, name, or even fonts. instead, a single sign at the entrance to the construction project is labeled only with the "Pillar" project name and "Fortis," the construction company. Apple has been working on the project for more than a year, and is one of a few known data center projects Apple is building. Check out the full gallery and accompanying story for more information.
← Previous Article
Breffo has launched a project on Kickstarter for Gumstick, a very cool idea for a universal stand that will work with…
Next Article →
Now this is just plain ol' entertaining: a clever chap named Vaclav Krejci has posted a video where he demonstrates how…
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- ‘Someone’ Targets Hong Kong Protesters Using Jailbroken iPhones with Malware
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Dr. Mac’s Final Showdown
- Microsoft Math: Add 1 to Windows 8 and You Get Windows 10?
- Facebook Launches Atlas Ad Network to Sell You Elsewhere
- Laurene Powell Jobs 28th Wealthiest American, 4th Richest American Woman