LAS VEGAS - Arcsoft announced Simplicam and a companion app called Closeli at CES this week. Simplicam is a home surveillance camera—think: what's happening in your empty house, what are your kids doing home alone, or is the cat getting on the counters at night?—that allows you to live stream to any Mac, PC, iOS, or Android device. Coupled with a companion app called Closeli, Simplicam also offers facial tracking and facial recognition, the first home surveillance camera with both features, according to Arcsoft. Users can also buy cloud-based recording storage in either 1, 11, or 21 day increments starting at US$5 per month. Simplicam itself is $149.99. I've been playing with pre-release units, and I am pleased with it so far. Oh, and the cat is getting on the counters at night.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi