LAS VEGAS - Arcsoft announced Simplicam and a companion app called Closeli at CES this week. Simplicam is a home surveillance camera—think: what's happening in your empty house, what are your kids doing home alone, or is the cat getting on the counters at night?—that allows you to live stream to any Mac, PC, iOS, or Android device. Coupled with a companion app called Closeli, Simplicam also offers facial tracking and facial recognition, the first home surveillance camera with both features, according to Arcsoft. Users can also buy cloud-based recording storage in either 1, 11, or 21 day increments starting at US$5 per month. Simplicam itself is $149.99. I've been playing with pre-release units, and I am pleased with it so far. Oh, and the cat is getting on the counters at night.
Recent News See All »
- Decades-Old Legacy Encryption Found in iOS, OS X, Android - Apple Says Fix Is Coming
- Apple Will Reportedly Announce MacBook Air with Retina Display on March 9th
- Apple’s Security Contractors are about to Become Employees
- Apple Working on Settlement with A123 after Hiring Battery Employees
- David Sparks Debuts ‘Workflow Video Field Guide’ for iOS Automation