LAS VEGAS - Arcsoft announced Simplicam and a companion app called Closeli at CES this week. Simplicam is a home surveillance camera—think: what's happening in your empty house, what are your kids doing home alone, or is the cat getting on the counters at night?—that allows you to live stream to any Mac, PC, iOS, or Android device. Coupled with a companion app called Closeli, Simplicam also offers facial tracking and facial recognition, the first home surveillance camera with both features, according to Arcsoft. Users can also buy cloud-based recording storage in either 1, 11, or 21 day increments starting at US$5 per month. Simplicam itself is $149.99. I've been playing with pre-release units, and I am pleased with it so far. Oh, and the cat is getting on the counters at night.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones with Your Apple TV
- Apple is Doing Something That Could Accidentally Torpedo the iPad Pro
- Apple Commercial: Someday At Christmas - Stevie Wonder + Andra Day (Video)
- Hewlett-Packard’s Z27s is a 27-inch 4K Display for Your Mac Without the 4K Price
- The ‘New’ Mac Pro Is a Failure