Check out this clever idea on Kickstarter: Jon Atherton has designed something he calls the SketchDock. This is a device that turns your iPhone into a multitouch trackpad, a number pad, or a sketching surface where the body of the iPhone doesn't get in your way. it will also charge your iPhone, and it has volume buttons so you can control it while its in the dock. There's a companion app for some of these features, but one of the things that stood out for me was the way SketchDock gives you a surface from which you can use a stylus to draw without either your hand or the body of the iPhone getting in the way. That's pretty cool. This project was just launched today, and its goal is to raise US$40,000. Early backers get a shipping unit for much less than retail.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- How to Safely Disable iCloud Photo Library and Reclaim Space for iCloud Backups
- The Depressing Gap Between Apple and the U.S. Federal Government is Widening
- OS X: Why You Need a Hard Drive Clone
- Apple’s New MacBook: Great for Some (But Not All)
- Apple Wants $15M from Patent Troll for Frivolous Lawsuit