Next Media Animation of Taiwan has posted a video mocking mainland China's PR campaign against Apple. NMA focuses on cultural and political commentary, especially relating to mainland China. In the written description of the video defending Apple (spotted by AppleInsider), NMA said, "China's state TV and press have lined up to wage a smear campaign against Apple, and have scare[d] customers to build support for domestic phone brands including Huawei, ZTE and Xiaomi." Calling the state media's reports on Apple "false," NMA also tied the campaign to the U.S. accusing Chinese companies of building back doors into their communications hardware and banning it from use in the U.S. (a connection I've suggested several times). Check out the video, which should be clear, even though it's narrated in Chinese. Note the awesome fake Apple Store that police ignore and the fake "iPhone 6" that looks like a Motorola DynaTAC. It's a clever bit of satire.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Apple Death Knell #68: Apple’s Stock Will Collapse Because iPhone Is Too Important
- What to Expect During Apple’s March 9 Media Event
- Mac Users Have Fallen Out of Love with Personal Databases, But Why?
- Hue Do You Love? (Or, My Expensive Love Affair with Hue Lightbulbs)
- Three Tips for Apple’s Keynote App on iPad